Our collection is now complete with the Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max. It’s the biggest, heaviest, most powerful, most feature-rich iPhone Apple has ever built, and that’s enough to propel it to the top of the charts.
The new iPhone 12 Pro Max is the only member of the Series 12 lineup with a triple-camera setup on the back. This may be enough to persuade people who aren’t interested in the Max size. That is how a genuine upgrade should be carried out: upgrading all aspects of the system, not just the design.
The Max designation on the iPhone 12 Pro refers to the entire collection of additional features, rather than just the maximum size. The most luxurious and durable iPhone to yet has Apple’s most powerful chip with 5G support, the newest Apple camera, the LiDAR scanner, the largest speakers, the most powerful battery, and, of course, MagSafe compatibility.
With a 120Hz panel, this Max version might have been much better, but sadly, this feature was not included in Series 12. Who knows, maybe next year, but even the most expensive iPhone can’t display more than 60 frames per second on its screen now.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Price
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max specs
- Body: Stainless-steel frame with glossy finish, Ceramic Shield front with oleophobic coating, Glass back with frosted finish, IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Silver, Graphite, Gold, Pacific Blue color options. 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4 mm, 228 g.
- Display: 6.7″ Retina XDR OLED screen of 1,284 x 2,778 px resolution, 458ppi, 800 nits, 120Hz touch sensing. HDR10, Dolby Vision support, wide color gamut. True Tone.
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic chip (5nm) – Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm with 3.1GHz Turboboost) Apple CPU, four-core Apple GPU, 16-core Apple NPU 4-gen
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128/256/512GB of internal storage
- Rear camera: Triple 12MP camera: Primary – 1.7µm pixels, 26mm, f/1.6, IBIS, Dual Pixel AF; Ultrawide-angle – 1.0µm pixels, 13mm, f/2.4, 120-degree field of view; Telephoto — 1.0µm pixels, 65mm, f/2.2, OIS, 2.5x optical zoom; dual-LED flash with slow sync. Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion.
- Video recording: [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, OIS + EIS, Dolby Vision capturing.
- Front camera: Dual camera – 23mm 12MP f/2.2 front-facing camera with HDR mode + 3D TOF camera; Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion. [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60/120fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, EIS.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, 4G; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/6; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC; Apple U1 chip ultrawideband
- Battery: 3,687 mAh battery, 20W fast charging, 15 Qi wireless charging (MagSafe)
- Misc: Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera, stereo speakers, Taptic Engine.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is a larger, more powerful version of the iPhone 12 Pro, with a larger display and battery. It also has a bigger 12MP main camera with the first sensor-shift image stabilization in the industry. Finally, the camera’s telephoto lens has been upgraded to a 65mm f/2.2 lens with 2.5x optical magnification. Nice!
Finally, even though the iPhone 12 Pro Max is one of the most expensive phones on the market, it, like the rest of the iPhone 12, comes without any accessories owing to Apple’s newest divisive attempt to preserve the environment.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Unboxing
The Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max is packaged in a slim and light box that includes the phone as well as a USB-C to Lightning adapter for use.
There’s no charger or EarPods inside, but if you dig a little deeper, you’ll discover a SIM ejection pin and a lone Apple label. You’d best hang on to that metal pin, since it could vanish next year as well..