iPhone 13 Pro Max – This year’s iPhone 13 Pro, which we have in Max size, is not just the greatest iPhone ever, but also the one with the ‘largest camera upgrade ever.’ In addition to the larger and better cameras, the 13 Pro Max has a high refresh rate display, greater battery, and the required processor update.
The 13 Pro Max checks all the boxes for enhancing everything that matters. We’ve come to find out how much.
The camera system’s improvements begin with a redesigned primary unit featuring a larger sensor and brighter lens. The ultrawide module has a brighter lens as well, but it also has autofocus, which is a first for an iPhone ultrawide.
Then there’s the telephoto, which now has a 3x increase in reach while also having a somewhat darker lens. Things haven’t changed on the front, and the 20 percent reduction in notch size doesn’t count.
Apple has finally given in to market pressures and equipped the 13 Pro and Pro Max with 120Hz screens, or ProMotion. They’re adaptable, which means they’re theoretically capable of varying refresh rates all the way down to 10Hz to save battery life.
That’s on top of the screen’s already impressive collection of features, which includes DolbyVision compatibility, lots of brightness, and accurate color reproduction.
The battery capacity of all 2021 iPhones has been boosted, and in the case of the 13 Pro Max, that’s an 18% increase – 2.5 hours longer than last year’s Pro Max in Apple’s measures, or ‘longest battery life ever on an iPhone,’ and all that.
A new year means a new chipset, and the A15 in the 13 Pros comes with an additional GPU core on top of the non-Pros, in addition to newly named CPU cores and increased clock rates. In a similar vein, the 13 Pro Max can be configured with up to 1TB of storage, which should be handy to iPhone filmmakers if nothing else.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max Price
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max specs at a glance:
- Body: 160.8×78.1×7.7mm, 240g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass), glass back (Gorilla Glass), stainless steel frame; IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 6m for 30 mins), Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified).
- Display: 6.70″ Super Retina XDR OLED, 120Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 1000 nits (typ), 1200 nits (peak), 1284x2778px resolution, 19.47:9 aspect ratio, 458ppi; Wide color gamut, True-tone.
- Chipset: Apple A15 Bionic (5 nm): Hexa-core (2×3.22 GHz Avalanche + 4xX.X GHz Blizzard); Apple GPU (5-core graphics).
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 512GB 6GB RAM, 1TB; NVMe.
- OS/Software: iOS 15.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/1.5, 26mm, 1.9µm, dual pixel PDAF, sensor-shift OIS; Telephoto: 12 MP, f/2.8, 77mm, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/1.8, 13mm, 120˚, PDAF; Depth: TOF 3D LiDAR scanner.
- Front camera: Wide (main): 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm, 1/3.6″; Depth: SL 3D.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, 10‑bit HDR, Dolby Vision HDR (up to 60fps), ProRes, Cinematic mode, stereo sound rec; Front camera: 4K@24/25/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4373mAh; Fast charging 20W, 50% in 30 min (advertised), USB Power Delivery 2.0, MagSafe wireless charging 15W, Qi magnetic fast wireless charging 7.5W.
- Misc: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer; NFC; Siri natural language commands and dictation, Ultra Wideband (UWB) support.
Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max unboxing
This one is simple because there isn’t much to unbox. As this year’s contribution to the environment, the slimline packaging established in 2020 (with barebones contents as well) is now followed by the elimination of the plastic sleeve.
The phone, a USB-C to Lightning cable, and a paper sleeve with paperwork, a single Apple label, and the SIM tray removal pin are all included within. Overall, this is normal Apple fare.