The Redmi Note 10 5G series is one of Xiaomi’s most intriguing mid-range offerings, featuring smartphones that cater to a wide spectrum of people at relatively low prices. The Redmi Note 10 5G that we have for review today appears to be a very specialized offering – it provides affordable access to 5G networks, but there’s more to it.
A 90Hz 1080p LCD screen, a triple camera on the back, plenty of connection choices, a large battery, and even a competent CPU for gaming on the move are all included in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G. What’s the catch, exactly? We’ll have to wait and see whether there is any.
The Redmi Note 10 5G is powered by MediaTek’s 5G-capable Dimensity 700 processor and comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of UFS2.2 storage. Even though it’s a hybrid slot, we enjoy that Xiaomi has preserved the microSD slot. In reality, the Note 10 5G includes a 3.5mm port, FM radio, IR blaster, and NFC, among other things. However, there are no stereo speakers.
The Redmi Note 10 5G, like the Realme 8 5G, isn’t for everyone because it isn’t the quickest or has the greatest camera in its price range. However, it brings the Redmi Note series into the new 5G age, and anyone who wants to try out the speedier 5G networks may do so for less than €230.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G specs
- Body: 161.8×75.3×8.9mm, 190g; Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic back, plastic frame.
- Display: 6.50″ IPS LCD, 90Hz, 400 nits (typ), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 405ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC2.
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM (regional); UFS 2.2; microSDXC (hybrid, uses SIM2).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 18W (22.5W bundled charger).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); Infrared port; 3.5mm jack, FM radio, NFC.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G
The Redmi Note 10 5G is packaged in a plain white paper box. A 22.5W charger, a USB-C-to-A connection, and a transparent silicone casing are included.
The USB-C port has a cover, which is a great feature because it keeps pocket dust out, but it’s a little cumbersome to open every time you need to charge your phone.